10/4/08 - Thank God for Good Days :)

Aimee and I can't begin to describe how awesome it feels to have good days when this is actually supposed to be the normal parenting experience. Not having anything to worry about relieves so much stress from Aimee and I that we can focus on our other things that have lacked attention, such as work and other family.

We walked the Susan G Komen Breast Cancer walk this morning and put together Kayleigh's room. We had about 4-5 hours of quality time with Brandon and Allyson. Since the children are no longer able to go to the NICU due to the fear of RSV, we played video games and watched some of their favorite tv shows. It was good to just act like a kid with no worries in sight.

Kayleigh is doing great today and not having any issues at all. She hasn't changed much since yesterday except that she is on full feeds right now, which is 26 mls. She was resting all day today, so we are hoping for some great growth from her. She weighed in last night at 1522 which is 3 lbs - 5.6 ounces. That was a huge jump from the night before so we are moving in the right direction. We have not found out what her weight was tonight, but I am hoping for another big increase.

Little Nicholas, thank you so much for praying with your Mommy. Kayleigh has been doing so good because of your prayers. We thank you so much!

I wish you all a wonderful rest of the weekend and God Bless.

The Freemans :)

4 comments:

Heather and Travis said...

Thank God for such good days! I know how nice it is to have a good day in the NICU. It is such a relief and just makes your heart feel so good. I pray for and think of Kayleigh so many times a day. I am so glad things are going well and I will pray for them to continue.

Anonymous said...

Geez thanks for taking time to put Nicky in your BLOG..I just meant that he would see his name in the comments section...but you have now made his whole day!
More importantly...great to see Kayleigh just chillin' and allowing you guys to just be in the moment without the worry!
Truly like watching a miracle in action!
Have a wonderful day, Leslie Johnson

Jennifer in NM said...

Kayleigh,

You are doing so well, and it makes me happy to see all of the accomplishments you have had. Keep up the good work. Soon you will be at home with Mom and Dad! Can't you wait?

Adam and Aimee,

Sorry I have been MIA I just started a new job working from 6a-2p and have been exhausted. But I still do check on your little miracle everyday at work, I just don't have the time to post. (911 dispatcher). I have been overjoyed at the progress Kayleigh has made, she is doing absolutely beautifully and I can only imagine how you guys are relieved.

I will check in as usual but may not post right away.

Thinking of you guys always,
Jenn
jlcampbell2008@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Praise Him for the good days. I'm so glad the last week has been so good. I can't wait for Miss Kayleigh to get home so we can see pictures of her in her beautiful room! I'll keep praying for the good days

Your Kentucky prayer warrior
Kelly