Wilmington - March of Dimes - Chef's Auction 11/7/09

This past month, Aimee and I had the opportunity to share Kayleigh's story with Wilmingtons WECT News Station Leading Anchor, Kim Ratcliff. Kim is on the morning news and Jesse from Time Warner Cable, came out to shoot a video at our home in Wrightsville Beach. Our video along with another family's story was shown this past weekend at the March of Dimes (Chef's Auction) event here in Wilmington.

It was awesome, emotional and just so much fun! They had two tents set up with one room filled with great food from some of the top Chef's in Wilmington. They also has a silent auction with so many wonderful gifts, trips and spas. I bid on a signed ECU football helmet to give to one of my brothers, but I was outbidded. However, I guess God was looking out for what would have been a hard decision because both of my brother's went to ECU and would have loved the helmet in their home on display. (lol)

In the other room were tables to sit at with a live band playing, and it is also where they held the live auction and shared our video. The whole event was set up really nice. Aimee actually went over in the morning for a few hours to help with the set up while I hung out at the house with the kids.

We are so thankful for Jordan and Michelle, who are the two leaders in charge of the March of Dimes here in Wilmington. They worked really hard to organize this event and it showed. Thank you guys for everything you have done!

Also, thank you Kim and Jesse for all of the efforts you put in to the making the video. There was not a dry eye in the house. Here is the video for you all to see. Unfortunately, I was not able to get the video to download on blogger for some odd reason, so I am working on something else to post it for you all to see.

Aimee and I are so blessed to be apart of the March of Dimes here and we look forward to helping out anyway we can in the future.

Thank you all so much!

God Bless,

7 comments:

creative gal said...

Sounds like fun!! Yeah!

4 Lettre Words said...

A blessing, indeed!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had an awesome time; and it seems as if the people who made it all happen did an amazing job. I would love to do something like this; emotional indeed, but I'm sure it eased a little bit of something in your heart.

Great video, beautiful. Seems like a wonderful event and time.

Erin said...

It says the link has expired, but nonetheless, I am sure it was beautiful. Your angel Kayleigh is still in our thoughts everyday. I named my son's angel, which he says his prayers to everynight, Kayleigh. I am glad everything is looking up for you and the famiy. Have a fabulous Thanksgiving.

The Pelhams said...

Couldn't download the video said it was expired, would love to see it!

Anonymous said...

I stumbled across your blog, because of the name. While I was pregnant my dad became ill and 6 days later he went to heaven. Six weeks later on Mothers Day my grandpa went to heaven too. On 6/24/09 we were blessed to welcome our Kayleigh Rose into this world. It is so easy to let the overwhelming grief eat you alive. I feel like the last year has been a whirl wind, and facing the holiday season this year just wont be the same. Thank you for sharing your story and your amazing love for the Lord. I know your beautiful little Kayleigh is in amazing hands! God Bless!

The Lane Family said...

What a wonderful auction. I look forward to seeing the video when you figure out how to post it!!