7/20/08 - 3 IN A ROW!!!!

Three great days in a row is helping Mommy and Daddy's hair grow back. Sorry I didn't have any photos today. She was in the same exact position as she was yesterday, with the bubble CPAP and the beanie almost covering her eyes. The only thing noticeably different was her cleaner diaper, especially after that big poop she had yesterday. But I don't think I should take photos of that. ha-ha

Kayleigh has been doing great today, only recording one desat which hung around the 60's. Normally, she goes down to the 40's or even that one day she was down in the single digits. So we are much happier to see her where she is at. They weined her oxygen down to 25%, so hopefully she can hang out there comfortably for a while at that rate and GROW!!! If she tolerates her feeds today at 4ml, they will increase it to 5ml tomorrow. They said that if she continues to do well with the food, their plan is to increase it every 24 hours.

They are going to do some routine blood work later on and they'll also measure her so we can see how much longer she has gotten. Aimee and I can tell that her cheeks are starting to fill in and her hands/feet are really getting bigger. She weighed in at 654 grams last night, so her weight increased just a tiny bit. Since she has had her beanie on for three days now, Aimee thinks that a lot more hair will appear when they take it off. Just last week, she was getting more and more peach fuzz each day that went on, so we are excited to see what it looks like now.

For those who are praying for Adleigh, I wanted to give you an update and let you know her surgery went great and she is recovering well. You can follow their story also as I have a link over on the right tool bar. Liana shares a room with Kayleigh and Adleigh is just over in the next room. Every now and then, Liana and Kayleigh both like to keep the nurses busy by acting up at the same time. I guess they like fighting over attention. All three of them are a true blessing from God!

Thank you all and I will try to get some photos tomorrow.

The Freemans

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great day! Im so happy that she is doing well. I can't wait to see new pics!

Babyksmom05@yahoo.com

annaandallysmom said...

I am so glad to hear how great she is doing!!!!

Sarah Suzy said...

Praise god for another great day for Kayleigh! I love to read updates like this! WOO-HOO keep fighting baby girl!!



my 4 year old was by the computer when I was checking on Kayleigh and she said, "oh my gosh, thats the cutest tiniest baby I have ever seen!!" I told her a little bit about Kayleigh and she said, "I'll talk to Jesus about her."

just wanted to let you know that our household is full of prayers and hope for you guys.

Jennifer said...

whoohoo for the good days! take things one day at a time. your family is amazing.
jennifer (mom to 30 wkr)

Anonymous said...

Hi Amiee and Adam,

Glad to read the progress Kayleigh is doing. I just had to give you my two cents about breast milk. This is just an advise which can be taken at your discretion, but if Aimee eats gas producing foods such as raw vegetables, the gas will be passed on to Kayleigh as well. Since Kayleigh is a premie and drinking mothers milk, I just had to tell you this.

Regards-
Ur well wisher.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to check in on Kayleigh every day! It's become an obsession! A very good one! I'm glad to hear she's having a stretch of good days (her little friends too!) Hugs and prayers for everyone! Love you guys!

Aunt Kathy

Kimberly (Anthony's Mom) said...

I'm so happy for you guys! The first month is almost over and Kayleigh is just getting stronger and stronger each day!

Kim

Anonymous said...

Dear Aimee, My mom works with your mom at NorthEast and shared your story with me. I delivered my son, Rush, at 27 weeks, in September at 1 pound, 4 ounces. I read through your blog and just want to hug you!!! I sooo understand how everyday is like a roller coaster. I would be happy to talk to you are up for it. Thinking of you constantly, Kristin Ratnofsky mkratnofsky@mac.com

Anonymous said...

Thank God for the good days!! My name is Lori and I just wanted to leave you a comment. I found your blog thro. a friend that posted prayer requests on her myspace. Your baby girl is beautiful!! My son, Seth, was born at 25 weeks gest. and weighed 1 lb 12 oz. He was born in 2006. He is now a very happy and healthy 2yr old! Hang in there momma. These NICU days are a roll-a-coster ride from hell..But your angel is very strong! They are MUCH stronger then we are thats forsure!! I will pray for you and for Kayleigh!! If you have any questions or just need to talk my myspace ID is
www.myspace.com/momofapremiee

-Lori

Waves of Victory said...

Way to go Kayleigh! Your being so strong and brave for your mommy and daddy!! Glad things are looking up!

Rachel

Robin E. Kitson said...

I found out about Kayleigh yesterday right before Jason's bday party (he's her cousin). I shall put her on my 24 prayer internet prayer chain. Hence there shall be folks praying for her 24 hrs per day for the next 30 days. Adam you as the baby now have the tiniest Freeman. I look forward to Kayleigh meeting her cousins. The light of God surrounds her, the love of God enfolds her, the power of God protects her and the presence of God watches over her and all is well.

Sincerely,

Jason, Julia and Penelope's

Nani

Colin, Juanita, Ian, Brooke and Gavin said...

Hello Freeman Family-

I have been following Kayleigh's story now after reading about her on Baby Center. She is a true miracle. My son Gavin was born last year at weeks and weighed 1 lb 3 oz at birth. We are so familiar with the emotional NICU roller coaster ride. If you need anything please do not hesitate to hollar at us....It is always nice to have a shoulder to lean on from someone who has been there before. We have you in our continued thoughts and prayers. Please feel free to visit our blog and add it to your page if you would like....

www.thegavinchronicles.blogspot.com

God's blessings to your family.

Juanita Philben