9/22/08 - You Like My New Mittens???


Isn't that just so adorable??? We walked in today and saw her with her mittens on and about lost it. I guess she has been pulling at all her tubes, so the answer to their problem was to make her look so darn cute. The mittens are so huge that they look like sleeves for her whole arm.

Kayleigh is doing just great today. She is still on the vent, but they did extubate her this morning. I guess it was too early because she struggled a little too much. They said they would let her rest another day and try again maybe tomorrow or the next day. I don't know if it will be tomorrow though. While we hung out with Kayleigh today, her oxygen was on 31% and when she was satting great, Marsha (Our other great Primary Nurse) would lower her oxygen to 29%, but then Kayleigh's sats would drop to the 70's and Marsha would have to increase it back up again. She did that this afternoon and was still doing that this evening when I called up there. Maybe she will turn things around and get off that vent sooner than later so we can start her feeds back.

She did gain some weight over the past day, which could be due to increased fluid from the surgery, but she weighed in at 1320 grams (2 lbs - 14.5 ounces).

Everyone check out the Joye Family (Our NICU friends) as one of their little twin girls (Adleigh) is going home tomorrow. WOO HOO! Aimee and I are going to send them a text messages at 4 in the morning that says: (WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!) JK GUYS! I better get all the jokes out now because our day is coming soon :) Love you guys - Praise God!

Off the record, Aimee and I are highly looking forward to our date this Saturday. After our dinner, we are going to see "Nights in Rodanthe." Aimee and I read the book when we first started dating as it was a romantic love story. Yes guys, I love a good romantic story! Anyways, if you haven't read the book, read it! I am really anxious to see how the movie compares. The cast couldn't have been better for this movie. We love "The Notebook", so I am sure it will come close to being just as good, I hope :)

God Bless,

The Freemans :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Adam and Aimee-

I have been thinking about you 2 and your little one. I just wanted to let you know that my thoughts are with you and your whole family. Many prayers being sent your way. Keep the faith, Kayleigh needs her strong, positive parents to stay in high spirits for her.

Make it a the best day you can and I will look forward to hearing from you guys later.

-M