9/29/08 - Work in Progress...




Sorry for the late post, but Aimee and I were busy painting :) I know, I lied. I said I wasn't going to show photos of her room until it was done, but I was so excited about the progress we made tonight. We still have some chair rail to put up and paint white where the pink and brown colors meet. Last week, I put together the crib and Aimee decorated it beautifully. She has such good taste. She picked out all the colors and has turned this room in to something beautiful. I maybe helped a little with the shade of the colors, but I give all the credit to her. We are so ready for it to be done and for Kayleigh to come home and be in it.

Speaking of Kayleigh, she is doing great. She has gone up on her feeds to 13 mls (our goal is 26mls), but she was getting worn out with every other bottle. The doctors decided that on those feeds, they will give her a break and tube feed her instead. That way she can still get a bottle every six hours, and not burn so many calories. We are growing though!!! She weighed 1412 grams tonight, which is (3 pounds - 1.8 ounces). She was a little irritated when we were up there today, but she must have been cooking up a good poop because shortly after we left, the nurse said she had a very large and stinky one. At every diaper change today but one, she has pooped. Can you believe it though, all the things they tried to feed her and she wouldn't poop. Plain breast milk by bottle is certainly doing the trick. I am glad that the cure to what has been causing Kayleigh so much trouble over the past couple months is what God had intended for Kayleigh to have in the first place.

Please keep praying for Kayleigh and that she will continue to do great so we can get her home. This has been an amazing journey and I am so blessed to have you all praying for us.

The second shipment of bracelets came in today, so I will be getting them out ASAP. Sorry it took so long. If you have your bracelet already, please take a family photo with it on and write a letter to Kayleigh so Aimee can put it in the scrap book she is making. You can email me the letter with an attached photo to: Adam@TeamFreemanProperties.com

Thank you all so much and God Bless,

The Freemans :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Her room looks perfect...just like sweet Kayleigh.I LOVE the colors!! SO happy she is doing so wonderful on the breast milk. Hoping you could refresh my memory....what weight does Kayleigh need to reach to have the surgery on her heart?? What is the recovery time for this surgery? What ever it is I hope Kayleigh keeps on trucking so she can get home and enjoy her beautiful room and her beautiful family!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my favorite colors together for a little girl! I'm so happy as always to read about Kayleigh's progress! You two have done an awesome job on her beautiful room! All of us cyber prayer warriors can't wait for the day you post her picture in that beautiful bed of hers!

Congrats and may Kaleigh continue to put on the weight quickly and be able to come home soon!

I'm so glad that the breastmilk was the key!

Karen
Cincinnati, Ohio

Anonymous said...

You guys did a great job! I love the colors!

Anonymous said...

Her room is adorable, just as she is!!!

I only wanted to show you guys one thing, Crib Bumpers and SIDS. I know in this country still an issue but where I am from, noone uses bumper due to the increase risk of SIDS. Here is a link so you can read more about it:

http://babyproducts.about.com/od/recallsandsafety/a/bumpersafety.htm

Love, Astrid