9/6/08 - Another Pleasant Day :)

Today was another good day for Kayleigh. They increased her feeds to 3 mls every hour continuously. The awesome news is she has not aspirated any of her feeds today. She has not pooped yet and is on the Reglan (helps motility), which is still a concern but her belly isn't blowing up either. Tomorrow, Kayleigh will be at 12mls every 3 hours which is tied with the highest she has ever been. Before, she was on 12 mls with breast milk, but she had been pooping several times everyday too. Please pray that she will start pooping soon.

She weighed in at 1143 grams tonight (around 2.8lbs), which is 16 grams less than yesterday, but the OT (Occupational Therapist) came by today to give Kayleigh another workout. She is doing really well in that department, so we are really happy to hear that. Kayleigh also only had one minor desat today and it has been several days without any bradys. I am so pleased to hear she is breathing well after being lowered to 4 liters the other day. Her oxygen is set at 30%, but they will wean her down as time goes by. I went up today by myself to have a little father-daughter time alone. I held her for an hour and a half before I had to get home. Poor Aimee had a soar throat today and wasn't dare going to go to the NICU. She was so sad because since Kayleigh has started to get dressed up, she got her a few new outfits and wanted to go up there to dress her up. Please say a prayer that she will feel better soon.

Good news!!! Since Kayleigh is holding her temperature much better, the nurse this evening actually had to un-swaddle her because her temperature was at 100.1 degrees. If she starts to keep warm and they can wean her "heating" system down, she will be able to move in to a bassinet. That will be awesome, but then I am going to be more nervous about germs being passed easier. Can you tell how over protective or insane I am going to be. Someone please help me!!! (ha-ha)

Please do me a favor and do a "poop dance". I don't even know what a poop dance is, but if a rain dance works, then a poop dance has got to work. If you have to do it at work, then just wiggle in your chair with your hands up, but don't blame me if your co-workers look at your weird. Just tell them your doing it for Kayleigh and maybe your whole office can wiggle together. :)

Thanks for your prayers and wiggles!

The Freemans :)

9 comments:

Sarah Suzy said...

I'm so glad to hear that Kayleigh is doing so much better! I actually did the poop dance!! haha! How nice that you got some one on one time with Kayleigh..I am sure she loves it! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers daily.

Sarah J.

Anonymous said...

I'll have my 1 and 3 year old boys do a poop dance. They can wear their little plastic potties on their head. I'll try to send a picture...

Anonymous said...

Well as I was reading your post tonight I was holding my little man which is 11 weeks old. I guess all your poop dance talk got him worked up and he did a poopie for Kayleigh. So we are rooting her on for a poopie. Glad to hear all of todays good news. I'm glad things are more positive. Hope Aimee is feeling better tomorrow and can dress her lil princess up. Praying for you guys. Nikki Conway

Anonymous said...

( / ) ( \ ) ( / ) ( \ )

thats my booty shaking dance.

Breastmilk is a natural laxative, and thats why she was probably pooping better with it. My son was on neocate for a year. We had to do several glycerine laxatives to get him going again. Glad to hear she's been doing better. :)

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to echo what Tiffany said - it's completely normal for a baby to poop several times a day on breastmilk but it's not necessarily the norm for formula. We had to give my daughter Milk of Magnesia once a day for a few months in order for her to poop on the EleCare. As her system matured, she was able to handle it better and has no pooping problems now! If Kayleigh's belly doesn't start blowing up, it could be that she's using most of what she's eating, too. And, just to forewarn you, when she does poop - it WILL NOT look like breastmilk poop. And it will smell far worse. :)

God Bless -
Kristin0821 from babycenter

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't worry to much about germs, especially in a hospital! But I don't blame you, I did the same thing at first, now, I am like, eh, whatever. I totally thought I would be over protective, but I am a little less now that he is older and doing fine.

Doing a "poop dance" for you...Parker had the same issues but now, poops like a champ!

I still have a box to send to you one of these days!

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't worry to much about germs, especially in a hospital! But I don't blame you, I did the same thing at first, now, I am like, eh, whatever. I totally thought I would be over protective, but I am a little less now that he is older and doing fine.

Doing a "poop dance" for you...Parker had the same issues but now, poops like a champ!

I still have a box to send to you one of these days!

Judi English and Uncle John Wojtowicz said...

May the God of Poopies visit our precious Kayleigh. May he spread her fluff all over her diddy. May he flatten her belly with his gentle caresses and dirty the linen in the progress. may he bring a smile of relief to the whole family and staff......and may our God continue to bless this dear baby. We love you. Judi and Uncle John.

Anonymous said...

so here i am doin a poop dance in my chair nd my husband is giving me the strangest look. :). Hopefully it will work. I'm glad that she's not desating or anything else....Hope the rest of the week goes as well as the last couple of days have been.

Continously prayin
Kelly