An E-mail No One Wants to Send

Faith,

I was led to the NILMDTS website by another mother. To make a really long story short after a really bad day, I am 25.4 weeks pregnant & our baby is not expected to survive. I am attaching a link to my post on the Babycenter.com in case you want to read about our story. http://boards.babycenter.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=bcus6669&tid=7540.

I am pretty sure that we would be interested in your service but I have to say that I feel a little guilty even considering that the doctors might be right this time. You see, they expected Kayleigh to be gone by now but I never listened. I have been very positive until today when we found out that she hasn't grown at all in 2 weeks & she was already 4 weeks behind. The doctors expect things to get worse & not to get better at all. Our goal now is to pray that she gets big enough to have a chance to deliver her alive. She has a long way to go before we get there. Probably 3-4 weeks at minimum. In the event that doesn't happen I think that I would like to have some great photographic memories. I would not only love it if they were professional but everyone around us will be grieving with us so we don't know how or who to ask to help us capture those potentially last moments with our daughter. Can you help?

Thank you so much for offering this service & taking the time to write back to me. We really appreciate it.

From: Faith Massey [mailto:imagesbyfaith@carolina.rr.com] Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 2:40 PMTo: 'Aimee Freeman'Subject: RE: Hello Faith

Aimee,

I cannot even fathom the suffering you are going through. I have been reading your post at babycenter and I am just heartbroken for you. I do have to say though that God is in control, not the doctors. Don’t ever give up, just based on what they say. My husband and I were told we could not have children together and we have 6 now. (2 from a previous marriage and one is adopted), but he has 3 biological children against the odds so stay strong. I would be more than happy to do anything I can to help you. In the event of a miracle and she is born alive, I would be happy to come photograph her in the NICU or at the hospital as well. If tragically she does not make it and you have to be induced please just call me as soon as possible so I can arrange to be there for you. If you want to talk about it more and understand what kind of options you have please give me a call anytime. My home phone is (704) 766-0669
Many Blessings and lots of prayers coming your way!

Faith Massey
www.imagesbyfaith.com

No comments: