8/16/08 - One more day!








One more day for Kayleigh to be off her feeds. They will be starting from scratch again on her feeds, but we are completely happy knowing they are taking it slow a day at a time. She is doing great otherwise. She didn't lose much weight from being off feeds for 7 days, so that is really good. She weighed in tonight at 880 again, which is around 1 pound 15 ounces. When they get her feeds going again, I have a really strong feeling she is going to gain some major weight and never look back. Our prayer request would be for Kayleigh to tolerate her feeds this time around and grow fast.

Aimee and I were able to hold her for a good amount of time today and she was just smiling, sneezing and yawning like crazy. She was so cute!!! Her breathing was doing really well today with no major desats. It seems that everything besides her feeds are going as smooth as possible. The VSD (hole in the heart) has not gotten any worse and there is no fluid in her lungs right now, so we are extremely happy about that. We still need her to get to that 2000 gram mark so she can have the heart surgery done, but it is a blessing like no other that the VSD is not causing her any problems right now. It would spell disaster if it did because of the doctors having to start her feeds back from square one. She just wouldn't be able to grow quick enough with her heart slowly taking a toll on her. God is amazing!

Thank you all for your support through this and we look forward to an exciting couple weeks as Kayleigh starts her feeds, starts to grow and becomes a chunk. That is the plan!

God Bless,

The Freemans :)

6 comments:

annaandallysmom said...

My prayers are with her and her little belly.

God Bless,
Monica

Anonymous said...

Wow, I have been a faithful reader and follower of Kayleigh's story since you guys posted on Babycenter. I check in at least once a day before I go to bed usually and sometimes I check in on her in the afternoons! Your story is truly amazing and has made my faith even stronger. God has made himself known through your family and you would be amazed at how your story of faith and God's miracle will effect so many people reading this.
Thank you for sharing your story with all of us cyber prayer warriors! Your family is so special and I will keep praying for baby Kaleigh every day! She is so adorable - I think she is looking like her big sister already in those recent pictures from today!

I just wanted to write to tell you that I look at each of my four children and appreciate each day even more now and realize even more how each life is such a miracle and so so precious. Kayleigh is so unbelievably strong! God is holding her tightly in his loving arms through this and I believe she will grow into a big girl and do some awesome things in her life - she already has!!!!
I really admire your strength and faith. Again, thanks for sharing Kayleigh with us and God Bless You!
Karen -- Ohio

Anonymous said...

It's so amazing to see her looking stronger and stronger every day. I say a prayer each night when I check in to see how she's doing.

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Jennifer said...

she looks amazing!
just wondering...when can you guys take off the silly yellow capes? we only had to wear one when there was a risk of spreading an infection in the nicu.
grow, grow, grow sweet pea kayleigh!
jennifer (mom to 30wkr)

Anonymous said...

I love the pics she is just so darn cute!

~emily

Adam said...

Jennifer, We have to always wear them in the NICU, but that is a good question because when we get over to progressive, I am not sure if they will make us wear them. I hope not because those things don't let your skin breath and you sweat. I was in the NICU for a couple hours today and when I left, I was freazing because my shirt was damp. That might have been too much info, but still...I can't stand them! ha-ha. Adam Freeman